Thursday, June 3, 2010

ARTFEST PART 4- SHOW & TELL

This post is late but it is... better late than never!
To put things in full gear...I headed to the beach to catch the sunrise and may get lucky for some beach glass.  I missed the sunrise and not much luck with beach glass...tide still high, but met Barbara and discovered we are both taking Susan's class later!
Even though all my classes have been great so far, I would say the expression saving the best for last was fitting for this class.  My last workshop at artfest with Susan L Kazmer was very INSPIRATIONAL...and that inspiration has kept me in the studio since return from artfest!  She is very funny and great teacher.  Class was packed with tons of information on metalworking...it was overload but allowed me to process some of the techniques I have been wanting to explore but too afraid to try out.  She has unleashed in me that fire and passion for metal!!!

By the end of class I had one piece done, my #7 pendant and the multi-layered colored metal was partially done and wanting to do more...which I did after artfest!

After workshop, we went to checkout the old Fort and afterward met up with Andria and her mom for good old Mexican food!

The evening event is the gran-daddy of the whole retreat...this is "Show and Tell", the opportunity to see all the wonderful creations from the different workshops.  I hope you enjoy them. CLICK HERE FOR SHOW  TELL PICTURES!

2 comments:

m i c h e l l e said...

Hi Adeola! Hope you are doing great! I still catch myself daydreaming about ArtFest. It was so fabulous this year!

Did you ever pursue getting some fused glass supplies? I haven't done anything more... :-(

Take care!
Michelle

O mundo de Alex said...

hey Adeola i love that class too. i m signing for a jewelry class here in portugal!!!!!!!! wow....so excited and that was susan's teaching which i love the character her jewels her laugh eveything. good memories. can t wait for next year i m in for sure xo