Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Little Bit of Life...Life Drawing That is!

It appears that 2014 is going to be my year of reconnecting.  One of the things I love to paint is figurative painting and I am challenged figure drawing.  In order to get better I need more practice.  The opportunity to do this came from a free offering of Life drawing at one of our local university...University of Redlands. 
 
 I was so determined to make it to the first session of 2014 that I cut short my gym time and it was worth it.  I was feeling excited at the same time apprehensive.  It has been over two years since the last time I did life drawing!  Here are some of the outcome...don't judge me!! 
1 minute gestural poses!
5 minutes pose!
10 minutes pose!
20 minutes pose!
20 minutes pose!
 I just had an idea, I think this is going to be my weekly challenge post. 

What do you all think?

Namaste,
Adeola

2 comments:

Paula Taylor said...

Excellent feel of motion...having the time limit must be a challenge, but also a boost! I love your final 20-minute pose. Great depth of feeling!
Paula

adeola's studio said...

Thank you Paula and you sums it up right about the time limit being a challenge and boost...I was bit uptight at the beginning but as the poses duration progresses I started to loosen up...I had such a blast and looking forward to next week!